Tours & Meetings
The Bannow Maritime Exhibition
Grantstown Priory & Daycare Centre - Y35 D4C4 Groups of 6 or more people can be accommodated on any day but booking is necessary.Call 086 8200992 Opening Hours - November & December 2021
The Little Sea Project
The development of the amenity area at the ‘Little Sea’ Bannow Bay Estuary has been financially supported by the European Union, Government of Ireland and Wexford County Council. This project will create a recreation
Maritime Heritage Project
Bannow Historical Society has conducted a project to research, record and preserve the legacy of the Maritime Heritage of the wider Bannow Bay area.This has been achieved through the provision of a training course,
- Know Your Place Talk: From Duff’s Turn to the Cross of Carrig – Brendan Hayes – 25th January 2020 – Colfer’s Pub, Carrig-on-Bannow.
- Bannow Historical Society Annual Dinner – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- Winter Lecture: Tales of Unexpected Irish Connections – Jimmy O’Toole – 29th November 2019 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- AGM – 14th May 2018 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- Talk: Living In The Past – Half a Century In The National Museum – Dr. Pat Wallace – 12th October 2017 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- Annual Historical Society Tour – 15th July 2017 – Ducketts Grove, Altamont Gardens and Carlow Museum.
- AGM – 29th May 2017 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- Annual Historical Society Tour – 16th July 2016 – Mount Congreve Gardens, Portlaw Heritage Centre, Curraghmore House and Gardens.
- Inaugural Bannow 1169 – The Norman Cycle Challenge – 14th May 2016 – Carrig Church.
- Annual Historical Society Tour – 25th July 2015 – St. Mullins Heritage Centre, Newtownbarry House and Gardens.
- Christmas Party – 6th December 2014 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- Annual Historical Society Tour – 26th July 2014 – Huntington Castle, Bellevue and Ballinkeele House.
- History Talk: The mines of Barrystown – Mr. Des Cowman – 27th March 2014 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.
- History Talk: The GAA – The Land League and Evictions in the Parish – Mr. Tom Mc Donald – 13th February 2014 – Tir Na nOg, Wellingtonbridge.